After Bowsette “broke the internet” the character Boosette also made an appearance. After seeing Hannah Alexander‘s artwork of Boosette I was inspired to jump on the bandwagon.
This full cosplay will be coming soon but for now I’ll break down how I styled the wig for Boosette and go I made my crown for my boudoir photoshoot.
Disclaimer: Please keep in mind that this post contains affiliate links and any purchase made through such links will reward me a small commission – at absolutely no extra cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog!
The base wig that I purchased is from Epic Cosplay. It’s the Persephone wig in Silver Grey. This wig is super long and perfect for Boosette.
All I had to do was give the wig a bit more volume and cut and style the bangs.
- Kinpatsu Cosplay Crown Pattern (free download!)
- EVA foam
- Heat Gun
- Styrofoam Ball (leftover from my Luna Lovegood Hat)
- X-Acto Knife
- Contact Cement
- Heat Gun
- Nerf Reival Rounds (or foam clay)
- Craft Foam
- Gold Pray Paint
- Acrylic Paints (Pink, Black)
- Matte Finish Paint
- Floral Tape
- Floral Wire
- Print Pattern
- Cut out Pattern
- Trace out on EVA Foam
- Cut out with X-Acto Knife
- Use heat gun to shape crown
Glue ends together with contact cement
- Use dremel to smooth out edges
- Cut styrofoam ball to fit inside crown
Add craft foam over styrofaom ball to create “fabric effect”. Use contact cement to secure.
- Prime with plasti-dip. LET DRY
- Cut out the eyes for the crown using EVA foam.
- Glue eyes onto crown. Cut a small slit into the Nerf rounds and glue them onto the crown.
- Use modge podge to prime eyes and Nerf rounds. LET DRY
- Spray entire crown with gold spray paint.
- Add craft foam base to bottom of crown
- Glue crown to headband
- Use floral wire and floral tape to attach flowers to headband.
- Use hot glue gun to attach smaller flowers to base of crown.
That’s All Folks!